American Renewable Energy Institute (AREI)
The mission of the American Renewable Energy Institute (AREI), is to advance the rapid implementation of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency at the speed and scale necessary to provide solutions of both the environmental and economic crises currently facing humankind and the planet.
AREI, Inc. is a registered 501(c)3 public charity not-for-profit corporation. AREI programs showcase innovative solutions and visions developed by leading thinkers in clean technology, renewable energy and sustainability. AREI operates under the fundamental principles of five “E’s”— Energy, Environment, Economy, Education and Employment and has five distinct programs:
1) The annual AREDAY Summit, Expo and Film Festival in Aspen CO providing featuring world-renowed thought leaders on climate and energy solutions creating a road map to a renewable energy future.
2) ACELI - the AREDAY Climate and Energy Literacy Initiative: connecting industry and community colleges to create jobs in clean technology sectors.
3) RENEW Program - the retrofit of the built environment to a carbon neutral and carbon positive standard.
4) Start-Up Green - a green innovation incubator fostering and mentoring clean tech start-up companies.
5) Sustainability News and Entertainment - hosted by Diana Dehm "We are all in this together"
Since 2004, the American Renewable Energy Day (AREDAY) Summit has gathered top leaders and educators to promote the rapid deployment of renewable energy and energy efficiency strategies via demonstrations, presentations, performances, film screenings and dialogue. Each year, AREDAY hosts nationally and internationally renowned presenters and speakers, attracting attendees from across the globe – resulting in unique, powerful cross-sector collaborations and actions towards solving the global warming and climate change issues.
Click here to meet our Board of Directors.